Did you know that the skin is the largest organ of your body? In traditional Chinese medicine, the skin is considered our "third lung." With this in mind, we believe that what you put into your body is as important as what you put on your body.
Hair and body products made from organic ingredients, natural plant and herbal essences provide quality and therapeutic benefits to the skin and hair. At bella donna's, we believe that good health is beauty
When the term organic is used in reference to a product it means that all or most of its ingredients were grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, chemical fertilizers, growth hormones and other harmful additives. The use of these additives has been linked to a dramatic increase in cancer rates. The use of chemicals in the growth processes of plants not only harms us as individuals and the plants themselves, it also damages the environment we live in as well as future generations to come.
Fortunately there are many ways to grow plants and herbs free of pesticides while also preserving their vitamins, minerals, and life essences. Organic farmers use crop rotation, "green" manure, organic pest control (such as ladybugs), as well as other methods. By keeping it pure, the plants are not depleted of their natural vitamins and minerals, the soil is able to be reused, and the water supply which is consistently polluted with pesticides, is kept clean. These are just a few of the reasons we choose organic.
When you choose to visit bella donna's, you are choosing a healthier and more responsible way to beauty. Here are just some of the measurable elements that make bella donna's a sustainable business:
- bella donna's Recycles – you’ll see red bins everywhere!
- Reuse: most of bella donna's furniture, display items and furnishings were bought second hand, trash picked (!) and/or are Repurposed goods.
- Filtered water – not bottled water offered to our guests
- Use of CFL (Compact Fluorescent) Lighting throughout. This uses 50 - 80% less energy than incandescent light bulbs.
- All Green Cleaning Products used are natural, non-toxic and biodegradable
- All Salon Products used on clients and sold as retail have 100% product ingredient disclosure. All such products are certified organic (USDA, QAI, Oregon Tilth, etc.), non-toxic, biodegradable and cruelty-free. All such products are manufactured by green, sustainable companies who follow strict environment-friendly manufacturing procedures including: using recycled packaging, soy inks, organic plant based ingredients, non-use of synthetic, toxic or non-renewable ingredients, etc.
- Fume Free Salon: No synthetic fragrances or perfumes in any of bella donna's products
- bella donna's only uses 100% biodegradable bags, recycled paper bags and fair-traded, reusable jute bags for its retail sales.