RAKE AND SHAKE
1. Gently squeeze excess water out of wet hair and blot with a towel to pull out additional moisture.
Tip: Do not rub hair briskly or flip head over. Both methods fragment curls and cause frizz
2. Using outstretched fingers or a wide tooth comb comb through a leave-in conditioner and styling products to seal in moisture.
3. Divide hair into 4-6 sections.
4. Dispense a nickel sized dollop of styling product to palms and rub hands together. Working one section at a time, separate fingers on one hand like a"rake" and rake the section from scalp to ends, spreading the styling gel throughout the section.
5. When you reach the end of the hair, gently "shake" hair back and forth to create curl in the hair.
6. Let go of the section and allow hair to fall.
7. Repeat the above steps for all sections using a dollop of styling product for each section.
Optional: To add height and volume, place Duckbill Clips at the root of the hair. Position clips to lift the hair evenly across the crown, working from front to back. To properly position curls, open clip no more than an inch wide. Gently slide alond scalp and keep clip close to the roots.
8. Diffuse hair or let it dry naturally.
Tip: To break up any crunchy or stiff sections, rub a bit of Pomade between your palms and in one motion smooth your hands over your hair from front to back as if you're creating a ponytail.
Curly hair should never be brushed. On wet hair a brush may tear or stretch fragile strands and on dry hair it will separate and diffuse the curls, thus creating frizz.
Avoid over-handling curly hair. If you touch curls as they dry you will disturb their natural pattern and create unwanted volume and frizz.
Bella Donna's Hair Salon • 619-221-8009
4820 Santa Monica Ave. San Diego, CA 92107