Due to a curl's tendency to lose nutrients and moisture, frequent deep conditioning is necessary to replenish strength, build body and minimize the tendency to frizz. Heat is an important part of the deep conditioning process. In order to be effective, the protein molecules must “melt” and bond together to restore the hair.
1. Begin with clean, damp hair. Prep the ends of hair with a little daily conditioner.
2. Completely saturate damp hair with 2 ounces of a deep conditioner on shoulder length hair - a bit more on longer hair. Imagine soaking your hair in a bowl full of treatment to envision the coverage you'll need to completely saturate your hair.
3. Cover hair with a shower cap and heat with a blow dryer on low heat until hair is warm. Allow warm product to remain on hair for 12 minutes. It is important to heat thoroughly to allow the absorption of key proteins to restore the hair's inner strength and weight.
4. Before rinsing, add a daily conditioner to seal in the treatment. Rinse both products together; allow a little coating to remain.
5. Style hair as usual. Deep treatment will not over-condition hair because it does not build up or weigh hair down.
Deep Treatment Tips:
- Allow the treatment to continue to work by waiting a few days to shampoo.
- Use Deep Treatment once a month to keep hair stay healthy or every other week if it is damaged or extremely dry.